Saturday, June 17, 2006

Wah-hoooo, I think it worked!

The twinsies, I am told, love bright colors like orange and yellow and are outgrowing their clothes so I finally actually tried something I'd been thinking about for a few months.

I dyed a couple of girls tee shirts (okay, actually undershirts from a package) a not-too-bright orange and then gathered on skirts from some left-over VeggieTales material that was tucked away in my fabric stash. The tops seemed to need a little something extra so I cut "Bob" and "Larry" from a scrap and tried my hand at machine applique.

Another advantage to the appliques is that it will be easier to tell which dress is for the taller twin and which for the smaller. The dresses turned out pretty well, I think ... especially if you like orange ... and you're two years old ...

6 Comments:

Blogger Sunny said...

That is SO cute!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Very very cute!! So which dress is for which twin? ;)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

And here is a link to a picture of the little sweetums actually in their dressses -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/acme7/188282966/

2:19 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Test, test, test ...

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to have a granddaughter.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute Jean!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home