Friday, April 28, 2006

Sewing again

B has moved on with her life, has a "regular" job and her own apartment. So, now that Gram is no longer coming and going, I've got my sewing machine set up again in the room she was using and I'm back to sewing. Only this time, sewing for (gasp) me! Nope, dream on, it's nothing fancy, just a grown-up size Bible times outfit--gown, robe (sort of sleeveless cloak) and headwrap. I've had the pattern and fabrics for months and finally now have the space and motivation to get at least one outfit done.

I've been asked to help out with an upcoming weekend Spring Escape at the church camp. Apparently there will be around 150 people--mostly 6-10 year olds and their parents/sponsors. I'll be helping with a couple of different presentations for rotating groups of 20 or so at a time. At the one in the morning on forgiveness, I'll be the primary presenter/activity coordinator. It's a good thing I'm only the helper for the one in the afternoon because I'm still confused about what spritual lessons Melinda is going to be drawing from ... cake...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home