Friday, January 27, 2006

I have a van again!

I'm so tickled. I've really, really, really missed having a van ... and now the OC has bought me a brand, shiny new one! I'd always felt like our old Caravan was built for somebody taller than I, so he only looked at vans with electrically adjustable driver's seat and pedals (adjustable pedals, imagine that!). Anyway, what we ended up with is the Touring Chrysler Town and Country minivan. It's the long wheel base version with leather seats (ahhhhh) and seats that fold away into the floor to allow for hauling cargo but are right there ready to open up when needed. This photo shows the middle bucket seats up with the divided back bench seat folded away.

The color is "magnesium" which is a sort of dark gray with teensy flecks of teal and blue that show when the sun shines on the finish. Gray, it turns out, is a great color for hiding winter's dirt and salt. Maybe that's why it also seems to be a very popular color ... as I discovered yesterday when I had to search and search over many rows of a shopping center parking lot before I finally found it. (blush)

Ahhh, but, oh, how I purrrrr every time I get in it to drive anywhere (or even think of my lovely new van). Qwerty is equally thrilled to have the PT Cruiser handed down to her...and Alicia was more than happy about the great deal she got on the old Concorde. It's nice when things work out so that everybody's happy. ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger LarryandJean said...

I'm glad that you (and Qwerty) are in riding "in style" now.

OC

8:49 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Looks lovely!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Qwerty said...

I must say that *I'm* happy with this arrangement!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home