Monday, October 24, 2005

One of the nicest advantages of the empty nest is...time together.

I was talking with some friends and one (also a relatively new "empty nester") commented about how much she is enjoying the advantages of this stage of life. "I'm falling in love with my husband all over again", she said...with a bit of a blush. I'll second that!

Our nest doesn't seem to stay empty for very long at a time so when it is, we savor the time together to focus on each other. Then, when the fledglings light here again, often bringing others with them, we are content and ready to enjoy them as well.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sunny said...

Yep, that's the way it is supposed to work.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh you love birds .. us parents of itty bitty baby birds have a good 20 years to go before our nest gets quiet again.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Sunny said...

Now see here, I wasn't going to be negative but I think God plans it that way so that when we get really old and one of us has to take care of the other we have some fairly recent good memories to sweeten the deal.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home