Sunday, November 27, 2005

Oh! NOW I get it...oh and that, too.

'Tis a momentous day, er, night, indeed, because now a lot of things I've heard, read and seen finally are clicking into place. More cultural references will likely come into focus once I've (finally) read the book(s).

But, thanks to Debbie and Jeremy, I have now seen the Monty Pythonesque The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie. So, that's where Babel Fish got its name...and "don't forget your towel" and 42 and Trillian...and...and...

Go ahead. You can say it. It's okay. I know you told me so! Silly me. ;-)

Though, 'tis made more than clear that the minds behind this silly science fiction spoof are determinedly athiestic. Sigh. What a waste.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

hmmmmmm - great movie. We bought that one. Try and watch the bonus features.

3:30 AM  
Blogger C said...

Now you just have to read the books, and listen to the radio show, and watch the BBC mini! :o)

Oh, the bonus scene where they burst in with the arm/gun is funny - so out of character. And isn't that the one where Zaphod is buying a Maseratti (sp?) on his cell phone?

Yep, Douglas was an unapologetic athiest to the last. Well, who knows. Maybe not the very last. Who's to say what happens in those final moments, eh? Funny, I was just thinking about that today. I wish we hadn't been deprived of him so early. I'd love to have read what he would have gone on to write. (ooh - how Adamsesque, LOL!)

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home