Thursday, September 08, 2005

Note to my children

I just wanted to let you know that I am very, very proud of all of you; you've each become an adult with whom, should we meet as strangers, I would love to become friends.

So, fear not, your mama's doing just fine, fluffing those feathers and flying about exploring the options and taking every advantage of this opportunity while it lasts...because who knows how long this delightful season may last as there seems to be always something unexpected to be encountered around the next corner.

Note to any parents reading this: I have often read that, just when your children start to get interesting, they leave you. Well, I am here to tell you that the stage after that, when they move on to being your friends (even long-distance friends!), is every bit as special in its own way, as that oh-so-short tiny baby stage.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

So, like, anybody here going to say, "we love you too mom!"?

5:07 PM  
Blogger Qwerty said...

Of course! You're hardly ever embarassing so as mom's go you're not to bad. ;)

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home