Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just plain fun

I love riding my bike. I adore it. There's something about gliding easily along feeling the breeze in my face, soaking in the sights, sounds and scents of the world around me that makes me feel happy, free and so ... alive.

Walking feels like work -- like something hard and uncomfortable that has to be done regularly to stay strong and healthy. Traveling in the cocoon of a car feels isolating--the world zips by almost un-noticed while the focus is on the destination more than the journey.

Biking, however, is just fun! I'll miss it when winter's coming bad weather sends me back to feet for exercise and motorized vehicles for transportation. In the meantime, I'll keep looking for every possible errand that can be done on my bike. Today it was the post office, library and grocery store. Tomorrow--who knows how far I'll go? Likely nowhere near as far as the new freshman who, along with his 49 year old mom, biked all 500 miles of the way from New York City to Colby College in Waterville, Maine!

1 Comments:

Blogger Renna said...

I was just this week thinking I'd like to get a bike, a couple of them in fact. I think Hubby and I would especially enjoy taking them with us on our camping trips.

I wonder if it's true what they say, that you never forget how to ride a bike? It's been quite a few years since I've been on one.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home