Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sisters are Forever

I grew up in a family which included three girls and then the OC and I raised a family of four girls. After enjoying another lovely long conversation with one of my geographically distant sisters this afternoon, I was reminded of one of the homemade posters I'd had on the wall when our girls were young and going through their turbulent teen years.


Friends come and go, but
SISTERS ARE FOREVER!
My prayer is that, throughout all their lives, they'll continue to remember what took me years, nay, decades to realize.

3 Comments:

Blogger Renna said...

I am not discontented with my life, but if I had to list the great disappointments of my life, one of the biggies would be that I didn't have a sister. I have always greatly envied those who do.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Sunny said...

Ooh yes! Sisters good. I love you too. The 'K' kid too. Mmmm sisters! May your girls have DECADES to enjoy each other.

Gotta have my sister fix.

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the other hand, friends can be better than sisters. Especially if you have a sister like mine, who has never wanted to be close and has never been there for me, has been cruel, jealous and hurtful and resents my ever being born. I have helped her through sickness, taken care of her children and gone out of my way to be close, never asking for anything in return. She has made it so plain that she doesn't love me, that as far as I'm concerned, I don't have a "sister".

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home