Monday, April 07, 2008

A pictureless bird story

While driving Gram from church back to her assisted living center, I found myself open-mouthed at the sight of a beautiful male turkey desperately beating against a chain-link fence trying to get inside. That silly fellow didn't realize he was already free. I've occasionally seen wild turkeys roaming about fields and beside roadways, but this was the first time I've seen a domesticated turkey loose in the (not so) wild.

Unfortunately, there was too much traffic in that busy commercial area to allow me to slow down enough to grab my camera and take a picture.

I wonder what happened to him. And I wonder how much energy I waste needlessly bashing against all sorts of "walls" because of not opening my eyes to something larger than my own familiar little world.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great analogy, which I will share with my children.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Renna said...

Ditto to Kelly; that's a wonderful analogy. I wish my mind thought like that!

I love the quotes you shared above, and this one is my favorite-so true!

"A RICH PERSON IS NOT THE ONE WHO HAS THE MOST, BUT THE ONE WHO NEEDS THE LEAST"

6:16 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Good analogy. God HELP US!!
That's also one of my favorite quotes. Good reminder. Thanks.

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home