Friday, July 20, 2007

I did it! Without even trying!

For the last month or two, I've been wearing a little pedometer to help track my exercise and today, finally, I looked down and discovered that not only had I made my daily goal of 10,000 steps but now at the end of the day, I'm over 12,400!!!

It helped that I had a lot of cleaning to do today and, after the OC came home, the sun finally came out so we went out for a walk together. Now, I prefer to walk to a destination whenever possible so we walked downtown to the library because I had a book to pick up. Then, later, he had a rehearsal in the other direction so I rode along and then walked myself home. Ahhh, I felt so strong walking briskly along in the soft evening air.

I met a delightful lady at Grammie's exercise class who is a very sharp 104 years old and, at least in part, credits her longevity to her life long-love of walking!

Note to self: reset pedometer tonight and do this again tomorrow...and tomorrow...and tomorrow...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sunny said...

That's fabulous!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home