Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Sand Art


I had so much fun doing the Navajo sand painting project in the Senior College multicultural art class that I took last fall that I rashly promised to teach sand painting to three classrooms of children (about 50 altogether) in our church school during January.

So that's six bins of sand to mix with tempora paint and then stir and crush lumps as it (all-too-slowly) dries, 50 pieces of double thickness cardboard to cut, 200 L-shaped frame sides to cut from lengths of construction trim, (all to precise measurements), and lots and lots of sifting of sand through a piece of screen.

What was I thinking?!?!?!?!?!



At least I've got the glue, brushes and charcoal sticks bought, though I still need to pick up some more rubber bands so there'll be enough to hold the frames on all their works of art while the glue dries.

I just hope the youngsters enjoy making their pictures as much as my retired classmates and I enjoyed making ours!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sunny said...

did you do all that art? Pretty good!

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! Have fun teaching the kiddies.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home